Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Student Teaching Post!

Wow! What a great three weeks!  I am in a third grade classroom in Hallsville ISD.  I didn't get super excited about third grade when I found out this is where I was I gonna be, but I have found that third grade is awesome! I love my students and my cooperating teacher.

Third grade is fun because you can joke with them a little more and they still give hugs!  Yes, there may be a few that have learned to talk back, but some are still excited to learn and want to do well for you.

I love Hallsville ISD.  The students are allowed to talk at lunch and they have multiple opportunities for the students to be social.  This is also great because you, as a teacher, get to build a relationship with the students.  This is so great because they learn that they can trust you and that you really do care about their lives and their interests.  If they belive that, then they will be more willing to perform in the classroom.  

I am enjoying how the teachers here in Hallsville really work as a team.  They area not afraid to ask for help or share their new ideas.  The third grade team meshes together so well and it really benifits the students. I love being on this campus.  I wish I could stay here the whole semester, but I know that those Kindergarteners in Marshall ISD are going to teach me lots of new things too!

Here is a panorama from my desk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment